Monday, June 21, 2010

Cinnamon Crumble Bread

Here is a recipe that I found on my cousin-in-law's blog www.cookinginkellskitchen.blogspot.com

I love, love, love to try new breads and I love it even more when I find a recipe that is easy and delicious at the same time! I threw this together in time for a meeting that I was having at my house and not only did they get to eat, the house smelled wonderful as they were all walking in!

Cinnamon Crumble Bread
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten

CRUMBLE TOPPING
3 tablespoons cold butter, cut up
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a loaf pan. Sift the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. With an electric mixer at low speed, beat in the milk, butter, and egg.

Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

For Crumble Topping: Dot the butter over the cake. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon. Cool the loaf completely in the pan on a rack.

The next time I try this recipe (and there will DEFINITELY be a next time) I think that I will try combining the crumble topping together and adding it to the top of the bread BEFORE I bake it, kind of like the To Die For Blueberry Muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment