Friday, July 9, 2010

BBQ Chicken with Grilled Sweet Potatoes

So, I decided with all this summer eating, I needed to lighten back up on the summer cooking... So, I busted out my Weight Watchers recipe binder and tried my hand at this fun recipe! It was pretty tasty, but I think that Josh is definitely a much better griller then I am! :)

BBQ Chicken with Grilled Sweet Potatoes
(weightwatchers.com)
Serves 4
Points Value of 5

2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 tablespoon of each: ground cumin, ground cinnamon, garlic powder and dry mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 large sweet potatoes
cooking spray
salt to taste

Mix ingredients paprika through sugar. A few hours before you plan to grill, rub chicken breasts with seasoning mixture. Cover and refrigerate until 15 minutes before you grill.
Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/3 inch discs. Place in a pot with enough cold, salted water to cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3-4 minutes, then drain and cool.
When it's time to grill, preheat grill, then spray potatoes with cooking spray or olive oil spray and salt them. Salt chicken breasts. Place potatoes and chicken on grill and cook until done. The seasoning mixture makes the chicken very reddish in color, so be careful not to cook the chicken too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment