Friday, July 2, 2010

Corn Bread Taco Bake

I love me some cornbread!! I don't know what it is about cornbread - the taste for sure, the texture? I am not sure, I just know that any recipe that I can find that includes cornbread - I am bound to try! Here's another quick and easy one!



Corn Bread Taco Bake

1 pound ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 can chili
2 cups cheese, divided (any kind)
1 can (11 oz) mexican style corn, drained
2 packages (8.5 oz each) corn muffin mix
chopped tomatoes
sliced olives
sour cream

Preheat oven to 375. In large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and prepare according to package instructions. Stir in chili and 1 cup of cheese. In a large bowl, prepare corn muffin mix according to package instructions. Stir in corn and remaining 1 cup of cheese. Spoon ground beef mixture evenly onto bottom of 9x13 pan. Top with cornbread mixture spreading evenly to edges of pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares. Top with tomatoes, olives and sour cream.

As you can tell, I am not big on adding all the extras to the top... It might be a little tastier, but we go with the basics here!

No comments:

Post a Comment