Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cornmeal Crusted Flounder Fillets

In an effort to get away from our normal chicken or beef meals, I decided to try a fish recipe that I had... The taste of it was wonderful, but I am pretty sure that I am not so hot at cooking up fish! I think that I will leave it to Josh, the texture of mine always turns out way too mushy... So, if anyone has any good tricks at cooking fish - shoot me a note, cause I am all about trying something new! :)

Cornmeal Crusted Flounder Fillets
(recipe found at weightwatchers.com)
Serves: 4
Points: 5

1/2 cup finely groundyellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
4 teaspoon vegetable oil, preferable peanut or canola
1 1/4 pounds flounder fillets, 1/2" thick, cut into 4 pieces
4 lemon wedges

Combine the cornmeal, cumin, seasoned salt, and cayenne on a large plate. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot, at least 1 minute.

Dredge two of the fillets on both sides in the cornmeal mixture, gently shaking off the excess. Carefully place them into the pan and cook, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent sticking, until the crust is crisp 2-3 minutes; carefully flip and cook until the fish is cooked through, 1-2 minutes more (reduce the heat if the fish browns too quickly). Transfer to a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining fillets. Serve at once, with lemon wedges on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment