Friday, August 6, 2010

Broocoli, Bacon and Cheddar Toss

Here is the second side dish that we had the night of our steak dinner. I was super excited that I had a little of this leftover, because it was so good that I wanted to keep it all to myself! I mean, who doesn't love broccoli when it has bacon and cheese on it?? :)

Broccoli, Bacon and Cheddar Toss
(receipe found in Pillsbury Sandwiches and Salads)

3 cups fresh small broccoli florets
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup copped red onion
3 slices precooked bacon or 1/3 cup real bacon pieces
1/2 cup mayo or salad dressing
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice

In a large bowl, mix all salad ingredients (first four ingredients) except bacon. In a small bowl, mix last three ingredients until well blended. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Just before serving, heat bacon slices as directed on package until crisp. Drain on paper towels, crumble and stir into salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment