Monday, August 9, 2010

Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie

Of course when you have that many people over for steak dinner, you have to have dessert! I think that is a prerequisite in my book... As soon as I start planning a bunch of people coming over for supper, my first though is "What can I make for dessert?" Since it has been so warm, I wanted to try a new recipe I found at www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com Sorry, no pictures with this one either, I promise the next recipe will come with photos! :)

Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie

2 quarts vanilla ice cream
1 large can pink lemonade concentrate (mine was thawed)
5 drops red food coloring (optional)
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (2 packages)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons melted butter
dash of salt

Take your ice cream out of the freezer to let soften a bit while you are making the crust. (or you could use premade graham cracker crusts if you want to skip this step!) To make your graham cracker crumbs, place all the graham crackers in a zip lock bag and rolling over it with a rolling pin. For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and dash of salt in a small mixing bowl. Smash all the ingredients together with a fork until well combined. Press them into 2 pie plates.

Place the softened ice cream, food coloring and frozen concentrate into a large mixing bowl, or your Kitchen Aid. (I used my Kitchen Aid, even though the recipe said that this could be trouble for the mixer. It worked perfectly for me and had no troubles - I love my new Kitchen Aid.... IT IS A WORKHORSE!!!) Mix these all together until smooth. Pour half of the ice cream mixture into each pie crust. Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 6 hours. When you are ready to serve, let the pie sit out of the freezer for about 10 minutes so it is easier to cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment