Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips

I am in an everything pumpkin kind of mood, so watch out!! I was perusing a few websites and found a few recipes that I just had to try... So, I will start you out with this fabulous pumpkin bread with chocolate chips! It is so delicious and the kids and I ate it right up... Super easy to make too!

Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
(recipe found at jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com)
makes: 6 mini loaves (I used 4 mini loaves and a regular loaf pan!)

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 16 ounce can pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon clove
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin together in a medium sized mixing bowl with a whisk. Mix them until well combined. In a separate bowl combine all the other ingredients but the chocolate chips and mix together. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix just until combined. Then fold in chocolate chips. Spray bread pans with cooking spray and pour the batter in. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Stick a knife into the center to be sure the loaves are done. Let them cool on a wire rack.

The blog that I got this recipe from said that mini chocolate chips work the best because they don't sink to the bottom the way that regular chocolate chips do... I trusted her and went with the minis and it turned out great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment