Friday, October 1, 2010

Sugar Donut Muffins

I was looking for something yummy for the first day back to daycare for the kids to have for snack and I thought that I would try this recipe that I found. They were seriously so delicious!! OMG, I wanted to sit down and eat all of them by myself! Even the couple of kids that I have that either don't like muffins or don't like "sweets" loved these! They are definitely a keeper recipe that I will make again!

Sugar Donut Muffins
(recipe found on anniebakes.net)
Makes: 10

3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar, for topping

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and egg until light in color. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Divide batter evenly into the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes. When muffins are done, lightly brush the tops with the melted butter and dip into a bowl of sugar. Cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know I just posted these on my blog having seen Tami at Tami's Kitchen Table Talk post them a couple months ago from the SRC. They were a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete