Friday, December 10, 2010

Party Shrimp

Once again, I just got that new Healthy Cooking magazine and I had a few recipes that I wanted to try. I love shrimp, I don't always cook it as well as I could, but it still tastes delish to me! So, the kids and I tried a new shrimp recipe this week (Josh is still in Canada...). It was really good, but definitely would need to be doubled if more then just one adult is eating it for a meal! I served it as a meal, over rice, but it would make a great appetizer also...


Party Shrimp
(recipe found in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking)

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain and discard marinade. Place shrimp on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.

And don't overcook your shrimp! :) I cooked mine for the 6 minutes that it says and it was a little too done, so really watch it! I never really get the "until the shrimp turn pink" part of the direction... Does anyone else out there think that shrimp already look pink to start with or is it just me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment