Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tortellini Primavera

Got my newest healthy cooking magazine from Taste of Home and I found quite a few recipes that I am itching to try out! :) This was the first one that I came to, so it is the first one that I tried. It was delish!! I was a little nervous with the chopped spinach in it - my boys were not too excited about spinach the last time that we tried it... But, it went over surprisingly well! They chowed it down and Josh even got to do a whole lot of talking about Popeye during our meal!

Tortellini Primavera
(recipe found in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking)

1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons butter
2/3 cup fat free milk
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1 large tomato, chopped
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Cook tortellinin according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in milk; heat through. Stir in cream cheese until blended. Add spinach and italian seasoning; heat through. Drain the tortellini; toss with the sauce and tomato. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment