Monday, January 10, 2011

Sausage Scrambles and Cheese

I have made a declaration at my house... Sunday night is now breakfast for supper night! I have so many breakfast recipes and I LOVE breakfast, but I just never get around to making any of them. If we do anything or make anything, it is usually a supper or lunch meal. So, I want to start using my breakfast recipes and seeing if they are as good as they sound! Here's the first. Super simple and very yummy...


Sausage Scrambles and Cheese
(recipe found at www.foodnetwork.com)

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil (I skipped this step)
1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
8 large eggs
a splash of half and half or whole milk
a few drops of hot sauce
salt and pepper
6 ounces cheddar cheese
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced

Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and sausage and brown and crumble the meat, 5-6 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pan and drain off some of the fat. Return pan to heat and reduce the temperature to medium low. Whisk together the eggs, half and half or milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs until soft, then add cheese and continue to scramble another minute or so to finish cooking eggs and to begin to melt the cheese. Remove pan from heat and combine sausage and eggs. Garnish servings of the eggs with a few pieces of diced fresh tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment