Monday, February 14, 2011

Grandma Polman's Fruit Salad

Happy Valentine's Day!!

This is a side dish that my grandma used to make a lot when we were little. I finally asked her for the recipe when I was "all growed up" and it couldn't be simpler. So, when we were gathering for the Superbowl, I thought this would be something a little healthier to have as a side dish instead of all the snacky food that will be there also. Not that I mind loading up on the snacky food, but for a supper I would like to have my kids eat at least a little bit healthy...



Grandma Polman's Fruit Salad

3 apples, chopped
1 big can of orange slices, drained
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
3 bananas, sliced
1 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla

Mix together whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until thick. Add fruit and mix together.

No comments:

Post a Comment