Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Big Dipper Oatmeal Cookies

I had a really quiet day at daycare, so I got the opportunity to do a little baking with the four little ones that I still had. We made these delicious oatmeal cookies for snack and they loved them!! I found this recipe a few years ago when I was living in Arizona and the roommate that I had then LOVED oatmeal cookies. He practically traded me rent for these cookies - that would have worked for me! :) It has been a while since I found this recipe, but it was somewhere on the wonderful world wide web!!



Big Dipper Oatmeal Cookies

Cookies:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups oatmeal, uncooked
1 cup raisins or 1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels

Glaze:
2 cups semi sweet chocolate morsels
3/4 cups chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 350. For cookies, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl, mix well. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add flour mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and if desired, raisins or morsels, mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute, remove to wire rack to cool completely.

For glaze, melt morsels according to package directions. Dip half of one cookie in chocolate, gently shake to remove excess. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place on waxed paper until set. Repeat with remaining cookies. If chocolate thickens, microwave at 15 second intervals until fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment