Monday, March 7, 2011

Cookie Dough Waffles

I found this recipe online and had to try it for my breakfast for supper this week. I mean, COME ON, cookie dough and waffles? So, I whipped up the batter and Josh and I both had to try a taste... He didn't read the title of the recipe and immediately said - it tastes like cookie dough. Then commented on how he could feel the sugar on his teeth as he was chewing. That should have been a sign, but we pressed on!

As we were eating them, Josh kept commenting on how they tasted a lot like sugar cookies. I tried them with the blueberry syrup that I had made with the blueberry pancake recipe that we tried a while ago and it was massive sugar overload... I tried some with regular maple syrup and that was better. They were good, but really, really sweet! Not a recipe that I would use all the time, but fun to try. The kids ate them like crazy and even walked around with a couple after supper was finished.

So, this one I leave up to you to try... They were pretty tasty, but I think that I will stick to the standard waffles before trying it again.



Cookie Dough Waffles
(recipe found at www.cucinafamiglia.com)

2 1/2 sticks butter
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour

Mix all ingredients together. Batter will not be runny, it will be more like cookie dough. Cook until lightly browned in your waffle iron. (Be sure to spray your waffle iron before cooking - they didn't come out super easy for me and I think that this definitely helped when I did the second batch. I also used a spatula to take them out instead of a fork like I normally do. They didn't have a super crunchy exterior to pierce into.)

No comments:

Post a Comment