Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sugar and Spice Popcorn

I LOVE popcorn - it is one of my favorite healthier snacks... The hubs and I have a stir crazy popcorn popper that we got for our wedding and it is usually sitting out on our cupboard, that how often we have popcorn! I found this recipe and I had to try it - kettle korn is another favorite of mine. There is just something about the sweet and salty together, yummm!

So, this was a new spin on popcorn that we tried while we were playing cards the other night. Not the healthiest version, but worth a try. Truthfully - not my favorite. It had a good taste to it, but I wasn't so wowed by it that I need to go through the effort of it all the time. Try it, decide for yourself - it just might be your new favorite way to eat popcorn!

Sugar and Spice Popcorn
(recipe found at www.creative-culinary.com)

8 cups popped popcorn
1/3 cup butter
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Put popped popcorn into a large bowl with enough room to mix ingredients. Melt butter and add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over popcorn and toss until well coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment