Thursday, August 18, 2011

Creamy Swiss Steak

This was a wonderful meal straight out of the crockpot. It didn't require a lot of effort to throw together and tasty warm and comforting! It reminded me a bit of stroganoff so I served it with sides of rice and corn. It was delicious and a new way to cook up all that round steak that I have in my freezer!



Creamy Swiss Steak
(recipe found in Fix It and Forget It Cookbook)

1 1/2 pound 3/4" thick round steak
2 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
10 3/4 can cream of mushroom soup
1 carrot, chopped
1 small celery rib, chopped

Cut steak into serving size pieces. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge meat in flour. Place onions in bottom of slow cooker. Add meat. Spread cream of mushroom soup over meat. Top with carrots and celery. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 3-5 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Raina, that looks super yummy! I was so happy to be picked to do the post that was included. Thanks for having such yummy food all over your blog. It was super hard deciding. I wanted to make that Chicken Bacon Alfredo Pizza - but I didn't have the time to let the dough rise in time. LOL I am so trying that soon. :)
    The Daily Dish

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks sooo good. I am always looking for new crockpot recipes to try out! I made the Orange Julius for the SRC, and oh my - it was out of this world!

    ReplyDelete