Thursday, October 27, 2011

Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes

These were so easy to throw together!! I made them in the morning for snack for daycare and they were fabulous!! I popped one into my mouth and almost melted onto the floor myself. It was all that I could do to pull myself away from the plate... I had to send a bunch to school with my son so that I wouldn't eat them all - they are definitely yummier when they are right out of the oven, but I had a few later and they were still pretty good! :)



Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes
(recipe found at www.twopeaseandtheirpod.com)

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 larg egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup canned plain pumpkin
1/2 cup milk

Coating:
4 tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with baking spray and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. In a separate large bowl, whisk togehter oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined.

Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. While the muffins bake, melt butter in one bowl and combine sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Remove muffins from oven and cool for 2 minutes. Dip each muffin in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon mixture to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.

1 comment:

  1. These look fantastic! I am featuring them on my friday favorites tomorrow, thanks!

    ReplyDelete