Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Trifle

I love the ease of trifles and I'm always up for trying a new one! Of course with my obsession with pumpkin right now, you know that I had to try this one as soon as I laid eyes on the recipe! :) It turned out pretty good - not my favorite trifle that I have made, but definitely a hit amongst those that tried it! It didn't take long to polish it off...



Pumpkin Spice Trifle
(recipe found at cookingmimi.wordpress.com)

1 box spice cake mix
1 large box cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 (30 ounces) can pumpkin pie filling, not puree
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (12 ounces) container frozen whipped topping

Bake spice cake according to directions. Let cool completely. Make vanilla pudding according to directions and let cool. In a medium bowl mix the pumpkin, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice together, then add the pudding. Crumble half the cake into a large bowl or trifle dish. Pour half of the pudding mixture and half of the whipped topping over top of the layer of cake. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment