Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Roasted Spaghetti Squash

Who has cooked a spaghetti squash before? Not I said Raina... My mother-in-law brought me one and said "my friend said you would know how to cook it." Umm, okay. So, off to the computer I was going to go - eventually. It sat on my counter for a while and then I was checking in on some of my favorite cooking blogs and the recipe for Spaghetti Squash Lasagna appeared. Normally I would look at it and move on, but not this time. This time I had a spaghetti squash sitting on my counter, ready to use! First off though, it called for roasted spaghetti squash. Okay, so now I needed to find that recipe - lucky for me, she had it linked, just like I am going to do for you! :) So, today we are learning how to roast a spaghetti squash and tomorrow you will find the recipe for Spaghetti Squash Lasagna. Lucky you! :)

Roasted Spaghetti Squash
(recipe found at www.skinnytaste.com)

1 large ripe spaghetti squash
salt and pepper

Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and fibers with a spoon. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 for about an hour or until the skin gives easily under pressure and the inside is tender. Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes. Using a fork, scrape out the squash flesh a little at a time. It will separate into spaghetti like strands. Place in a serving dish and serve hot.

Easy as pie!! I have heard that it works perfectly as a spaghetti substitute which I am going to try soon, since my mother-in-law brought me another spaghetti squash that is sitting on my cupboard! :)

Serves: 6 1 cup servings
Points: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment