Saturday, December 17, 2011

Surprise Package Cookies

I started my Christmas baking, better late then never and wanted to share at least a few of my newest treats before Christmas gets here so I thought that I would actually try to post on the weekend for once! :) Enjoy...

I love the combo of mint and chocolate and Andes mints are one of those yummy treats that I don't get often enough. There is a restaurant that we go to once in a while and they give you a few at the end of your meal and that is about the only time that I get them... Never have I indulged in buying them at the store, but I finally did just for this recipe! I know why I don't usually buy them - I almost didn't have enough for the recipe! :) These are one of my new favorite cookies and I can't wait to make them again!



Surprise Package Cookies
(recipe found in A.C.C. cookbook)

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
65 Andes mints

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at at time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. With floured hands, shape a tablespoonful of dough around 42 candies, forming rectangular cookies. Place 2" apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on wire racks. In a microwave, melt the remaining candies and drizzle over cookies.

Yields: 3 1/2 dozen (I actually got 5 dozen out of this recipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment