Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chicken Chimichangas

As promised, here is round 2 of the Honey and Spice Baked Chicken recipe that I brought to you yesterday. I was a little leery of round 2 because I hate the mess that frying makes in my house and the slippery floors it creates! :) But, I put the hubs to work and he did a fantastic job! These chimichangas were AWESOME and I am definitely willing to put up with the mess again for something that tastes this good!

Chicken Chimichangas
(recipe found in Taste of Home Simple and Delicious)

3 Honey and Spice Baked chicken breast halves, cubed
1 cup refried beans
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 flour tortillas
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
oil for deep fat frying
optional toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, whatever floats your boat on top of chimichangas!!

Combine first seven ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon 1/3 cup off center on each of the tortillas; sprinkle with cheese. Fold up edge nearest filling; fold in both sides and roll up. Secure with a toothpick. Heat oil to 375 in an electric skillet or deep fat fryer. Cook chimichangas until golden brown, turning to cook all sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with toppings of your choice.

1 comment:

  1. my mouth is watering...they sound yummy. I am going to have to try both recipes!

    ReplyDelete