Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Glazed Sweet Potatoes

I was watching a cooking show with Bobby Flay the other day and these scrumptious sweet potatoes were on the menu... So, I finally sat down with my pen in hand and copied the recipe from my DVR and made them the other night... I thought that they were super yummy! A little sweet with our savory. The kids were not such big fans, but I think it might just have been the night - they were fiesty about everything! :)



Glazed Sweet Potatoes
(recipe found on Cooking with Bobby Flay)

6 large sweet potatoes
olive oil
salt and pepper
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest

Cut sweet potatoes into large chunks and place in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place on sheet try and bake for 25 minutes in 350 oven. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add lemon juice and brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add lemon zest, whisk and pour over sweet potatoes. Stir to coat. Place sweet potatoes back in oven for an additional 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment