Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chicken Wild Rice Soup

Recently I discovered that my hubby's favorite kind of soup is chicken wild rice... How did I miss out on that one? He isn't really a soup kind of guy but when he was talking about it I did realize that he does order chicken wild rice if he has soup at all. So, to make up for this total lack of knowing that he loved chicken wild rice, I decided that I needed to make it for him... Here is the version that I tried - he said that it tasted pretty good! :)

Chicken Wild Rice Soup
(recipe found in A.C.C.C.)

1 (4.3 ounces) package long grain and wild rice mix (I used Rice-A-Roni)
1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix
1 celery rib, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1/3 cup chopped onion
2 (10 3/4 ounces) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup cubed cooked chicken

In a large saucepan, combine water, rice with contents of seasoning packet and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in celery, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken soup and chicken. Cook 8 minutes longer, or until the rice and vegetables are tender.

Serves: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment