Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vanilla Rich Chip Cake with Vanilla Butter Glaze

I was looking for something simple yet delicious for my son's first birthday cake. I knew the design that I was going for and just needed to make the square cakes so that I could decorate my heart away! :) I found this recipe, yet again, in my trusty old file of recipes that I have saved and saved! :) I can't believe that I haven't ever made this cake before... It was rich and delicious and YELLOW - which is my absolute favorite! I topped it with the Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting that will be coming tomorrow instead of the butter glaze... Super yum!



Vanilla Rich Chip Cake

1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 package (3 1/2 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Beat all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large bowl with mixer on low, just until moistened. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in chips. Pour into greased and floured 12 cup bundt pan. Bake in preheated 350 oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with vanilla butter glaze.

Vanilla Butter Glaze:

Mix 3 tablespoons butter, melted, 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons water and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract until smooth. Let stand for 3 minutes or until thickened. Drizzle over cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment