Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baked French Toast

I made this for breakfast on Easter morning and we were definitely not disappointed!! I was worried about the overnight thing since when I usually make an overnight bread dish it usually turns out soggy and I can't stand the texture. They usually taste fine but the texture just gets to me. This recipe DID NOT do this at all - it was heavenly and I couldn't get enough!!! It was a great find and one that I plan on making again.



Baked French Toast
(recipe found at www.mormonmavens.blogspot.com)

1 loaf sourdough bread
8 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla

Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces

Grease 9x13 pan. Tear bread into bite size chunks and place in pan. mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread. Cover tightly and store in the fridge overnight. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender until crumbly. When ready to bake, take pan out of fridge and sprinkle crumb mixture on top. Bake for 1 hour at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment