Monday, June 4, 2012

Spinach Cheese Quiche with Potato Crust and the SRC

As soon as I checked out Lesa's blog I knew that I would be hooked... Like me, Lesa is all about the quick and easy recipes that don't call for a lot of ingredients and she is usually on the look out for a recipe that is simple enough for those crazy weeknight suppers!!

While looking through all the recipes I wanted to try I came upon these beauties... Chocolate Banana Muffins! I wanted to blog about these and then I realized that I wasn't alone in that thought and they had already been used for the Secret Recipe Club... Can't do a repeat! So, while I still made them (wow were they good!), I moved on to this fabulous recipe... Spinach Cheese Quiche with Potato Crust. I was so sure that we would like this recipe that I doubled it - this could also have something to do with the fact that I hate wasting packages of food (spinach) yet I don't want to put half packages back in the freezer, just to forget about them... So we ate one and froze one. (I can tell you that we have already eaten the frozen one also and it tasted great too!)

Next on my list of have to tries: Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake and Pumpkin French Toast with Cinnamon Syrup... I'm sure that I will find more to try too since this is definitely a blog that I am coming back to. Thanks Lesa for the great recipes!!


Spinach Cheese Quiche with Potato Crust
(recipe found at www.edesiasnotebook.com)

3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and dried
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400. Place potatoes, butter and salt in a bowl. Toss to combine. Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray and spread potatoes evenly in bottom and up the sides. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, place eggs, spinach, cheese and salt in a bowl. Stir to combine. Remove potato crust from oven and turn oven temperature down to 350. Pour in egg and spinach mixture into crust and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until cooked through.



6 comments:

  1. Now, that is my kind of quiche!! Looks and sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quiche with potato crust and yours looks delicious.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry Candied Popcorn.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and easy recipes are always appreciated! The quiche looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete