Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chicken with Tropical Barbecue Sauce

As you can probably tell from the few posts that I have had my oven has not been used for a while... It went out of commission a few weeks ago and the part is on back order! NOOOOO!! Like they say, you don't know what you've got til it's gone... While I am missing the handiness of having an oven that works I am also giving my trusty old crock pot a good work out, as well as the stove top and the grill! Hopefully it will be fixed soon so I can make a few loaves of banana bread and a few batches of cookies, but until then - the crock pot is on!

I searched my handy dandy crockpot cookbook and came up with a new recipe that I haven't tried yet... It was really good, even though I over cooked it a bit and it was a little dry. It was just as good when we threw some barbecue sauce on it and used the leftovers for sandwiches the next day! Yes, dual purpose!!

Chicken with Tropical Barbecue Sauce
(recipe found in Fix It and Forget It)

1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/8-1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons orange juice
3 whole chicken breasts, halved

Combine molasses, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, mustard, hot pepper sauce and orange juice. Brush over chicken. Place chicken in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment