Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Candy Cane Pudding Cookies

Candy cane pudding? Were you aware of such a thing? Seriously, I found it and right next to it? GINGERBREAD pudding!! What is this world coming to? I have to definitely get out more... What fun flavors that I am definitely going to try on their own! :) For right now though, the candy cane pudding was a part of the new cookies that I tried. They were super good, even though I was missing the cake mix! Missed that one on my grocery list when I was looking at this recipe. So, I begged, borrowed and/or stole some german chocolate cake mix from my brother's house and these tasted fantastic! Chocolate and candy cane? How could it go wrong? Super yummy!


Candy Cane Pudding Cookies
(recipe found on pinterest via momscrazycooking.blogspot.com)

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (3.4 ounces) candy cane pudding mix
3/4 cup vanilla, yellow or white cake mix
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (12 ounces) package white chocolate chips
1/4 - 1/2 cup candy canes, crushed

Preheat oven to 350. Stir together flour, salt and baking soda, set aside. Cream together sugars and butter in a large bowl. Add pudding and cake mix and beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth. With mixer speed on low, add flour mixture and beat until all ingredients are incorporated. Add chocolate chips and combine. Scoop out 1" balls of dough and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten and top with crushed candy canes. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment