Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Patty's Three Bean Hot Dish



This was a dish that I made for a family gathering and while everyone raved about it, of course I didn't take a picture! I even made it twice this summer, that's how much we liked it... I don't know how to get myself out the door on time, so the thought of taking a picture before I leave doesn't even cross my mind! So, you will have to mentally picture this one and know that it is worth making! In fact writing this post has made me a little hungry for it and it might be on the menu soon again! :) Maybe I will get a picture of it then... Feel free to mix up what types of beans that you add to it. I couldn't find butter beans at my grocery store, so I substituted black beans one time and pinto beans another...

Patty's Three Bean Hot Dish
(recipe found at www.justapinch.com)

2 cans pork n' beans
1 cans kidney beans, drained
1 cans butter beans, drained
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 small onion, cut into small pieces
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 pound bacon, chopped
1 pound ground beef, browned

Fry chopped bacon in skillet. When almost crispy add onion and continue to cook until bacon is done. Drain. Add all ingredients to crockpot. Stir and cook on high for 4 hours. Stir and then cook for an additional 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment