Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spinach and Artichoke Dip



My first experience with artichoke hearts was at a restaurant, where some friends ordered up spinach and artichoke dip. I didn't think that it would be all that wonderful, until I tasted it... I couldn't get enough! I think that I could easily eat this whole recipe on my own and still want more! This is super tasty and the jalapenos give it a kick that goes well with it. Love it! And since there wasn't any left for me to take home, I'm guessing everyone at the party enjoyed it too!


Spinach and Artichoke Dip
(recipe found on pinterest via natashaskitchen.com)

8 ounces cream cheese
16 ounces light sour cream
1 stick butter
1 1/2 – 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
14 ounces quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
4 ounces can diced jalapeƱos, drained
10 ounces frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
2-3 garlic cloves, pressed


In a medium pot over medium heat, melt together cream cheese, sour cream, butter and parmesan cheese, stirring frequently until melted and an even consistency. It should start to bubble. Stir in coarsely chopped artichoke hearts, jalapenos, spinach and garlic cloves. Serve hot with chips or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment