Monday, November 11, 2013

Lil Cheddar Meat Loaves



Since I was laid up with a bum knee after having knee surgery, I wasn't able to help with all the moving that my family was doing back in September. So, I helped the best way that I know how... I kept them all fed! After a long day of moving, everyone came over to my house for supper and these little meat loaves were a huge hit! I tripled the recipe and it fed the whole family, even when they came back for seconds and even thirds! (Mine were slightly larger then 12 mini loaves from each pound, so I did get less loaves per pound.)


Lil Cheddar Meat Loaves
(recipe found in A.C.C.C)

1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon mustard

In a bowl, beat egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats, onion and salt. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 12 mini loaves and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment