Monday, January 20, 2014

Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole



I have been on a huge quick of freezer meals lately... I don't have the time (or haven't made it) to sit down and do a whole bunch at once - the way that I decided to do it was to just double whatever meal that I am making for supper and we eat one and freeze one. That has worked really well for me and we have a bunch of meals stored up in my freezer, waiting for those weeks where the grocery bill is a bit too high when the paycheck is a bit too low or the nights when I want to be able to pull something out quick.

This recipe was perfect for doubling up, especially since the whole family loved it! Even with the broccoli, which at times makes my kids a little leery, everyone thought that it was good. I also love a good freezer to crockpot meal that I can put into a ziplock bag. I don't really love any of the aluminum pans that I have found so far (they are too flimsy) and I hate using all my 9x13's for freezer meals. This makes a lot, so be ready!


Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
(Recipe found on pinterest via moneysavingmom.com)

10 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
4 cups cooked chicken, chopped
4 cups chopped broccoli, lightly steamed
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or double up a batch of cream of everything soup mix)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (again, or double up a batch of cream of everything soup mix)
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. To freeze: Divide into four ziplock freezer bags and seal tightly. Freeze flat. To serve: Thaw overnight (or for 8 hours) in the refrigerator. Dump one bag into an 8x8 greased pan or two bags into a greased 9x13 psn. Sprinkle with additional shredded cheese, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment