Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ham and Cheese Pockets



As you can tell from the posts that I have been posting, I have been intent on filling my freezer lately! :) I love meals that I can pull out at a moments notice that are healthy, made from scratch and yummy! With the kids loving "pick your own night" I like to have a variety of things ready to eat that they can pick from. I found this recipe and I knew that we had to try it. These were so good and the family liked them so much that we have been though a few batches of these already. One thing that I changed up was using diced ham instead of a slice of ham... I didn't like the way that when I took a bite the meat would all come out of the pocket. I like the diced ham that stays in place! Other then that, we liked it as it was. I might have to mix up the dough a bit and add some spices that next time around, just to see how it goes!


Ham and Cheese Pockets
(recipe found on pinterest via moneysavingmom.com)

3 cups flour
4 tablespoons dry milk
3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons yeast
1 cup warm water
diced ham
shredded cheese

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in salt, sugar, and dry milk. Add flour and stir until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Dump dough onto a floured surface and knead for around 5 minutes, until a soft dough forms. Add a little more flour, if needed. Divide dough into 10-14 balls. Roll each ball into a rectangle. Put ham and cheese on half of the rectangle. Fold dough over and pinch sides to seal tightly. Bake pockets on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until lightly browned. To freeze, let cool completely and freeze in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment