Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waffles



We have a waffle maker that doesn't get used as much as my husband would like it to be... So, I finally found a recipe that I wanted to try out, I hate using a box mix for things that are easy to make on my own, and it was pretty good! Super excited to find a new recipe and I made a bunch of waffles up to keep in the freezer. The kids love to be able to pop their waffles into the toaster and have a hot breakfast and I love not have to pay for premade waffles from the store! :) It's a win-win for all of us!

Waffles
(recipe found on pinterest via moneysavingmom.com)

1 3/4 cups flour (I used a mixture of both all purpose and whole wheat)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil or melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl. Lightly beat together wet ingredients in another. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Pour batter onto lightly-oiled or buttered waffle iron and bake until done. To freeze: Let cool and put into a freezer bag. To thaw: Pull desired number of waffles out of the freezer and heat in the microwave, in a toaster oven, or in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment