Thursday, June 19, 2014

White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting



I was looking for a new recipe for a frosting that I could tint different colors. I usually go with a cream cheese frosting, but this time I wanted to shake it up a bit. I found this recipe and man, it was good!! I accidentally threw too much white chocolate chips in, but it still tasted awesome - I mean really, can you go wrong with MORE chocolate?? :) It was great tasting and easy to frost with!


My son wanted a hulk cake shaped in the form of a 9... This was on the heels of his brothers "3" cake, which was a lot easier to shape then this 9! Oh well - he was happy! :)


White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
(recipe found on pinterest via thebewitchinkitchen.com)

1 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar, more if needed
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces white chocolate chips

Melt the chocolate first, using the double boiler method. Let cool to room temperature. Place softened butter in a bowl and sift the powdered sugar over top. Starting slow, mix until incorporated and then beat until fluffy, about a minute or two. After you have scraped the bowl, add the cream and vanilla. Mix again and then stir in the melted, cooled chocolate. Turn your mixer to medium-high and beat for 3-4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment