Monday, June 9, 2014

Whole Wheat Garlic Herb Bread



I was looking for a new bread recipe to try with the slow cooker white bean soup that we were having and I decided that rather then going with my whole wheat bread that I like to pair with soups, I would try this recipe. I love beer bread and usually pair it with dips for an appetizers since it is a little hard to cut into slices, but I thought this one would be fun to have with a soup. It did taste fantastic with the soup, but I am definitely going to pair it with a dip at some point in the future because I think that that would taste fabulous also!! The kids couldn't get enough of it and they all wanted more... They were definitely not happy when I cut them off at a slice and a half! :)


Whole Wheat Garlic Herb Bread
(recipe found on pinterest via gimmesomeoven.com)

3 cups whole wheat flour
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
4 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic, sugar, baking powder, salt, rosemary, thyme and oregano. Gently stir the beer into the dry ingredients until just mixed. Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan, then transfer the bread batter to the pan and use a spoon to spread it out even. Pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter,spreading it around evenly on top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment