Monday, July 28, 2014

Dairy Queen Buster Bar Dessert



Every Sunday we head over to my mom's house for Sunday dinner. It is a crazy affair with 16 kids and 10 adults all gathered in one spot, but it is loud, obnoxious and tons of fun! While my mom makes all the meal, I like to contribute every once in a while with dessert - usually around the time of someone's birthday, but sometimes at other times too if there is a dessert that I have been dying to try! :) I hate having it lying around MY house... So, for my sisters' birthday, I asked them what type of dessert that they wanted. My one said "nothing with pure chocolate" and the other one was a little more specific... "ice cream, peanuts, some chocolate" ummm.... okay, I'll see what I come up with! :) Well, this is exactly what she described and every LOVED it! It is pretty rich so one pan goes quite far. Although not everyone chose to have dessert this served all of us that wanted it and a couple extra pieces for the birthday girls! :)


Dairy Queen Buster Bar Dessert
(recipe found on pinterest via amysfinerthings.com)

2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups evaporated milk (12 ounces can)
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound oreo cookies (crushed)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups spanish peanuts
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (softened)

Mix powdered sugar, milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla together in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool completely. Add melted butter to crushed oreos. Spread in a 9×13 cake pan. Refrigerate until set. Spread softened ice cream on top. Freeze until ice cream is firm. Top with cooled chocolate mixture and peanuts. Freeze overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment