Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal



I went through a phase of these a while ago, but never took the time to take pictures or blog about them... Oatmeal is kind of hit or miss for me. Sometimes I love it, while other times it just tastes blah to me. So, I decided to give these a try and I'm so glad that I did! They are easy to prep up and throw in the fridge to have ready for breakfast in the morning. They were also great to make before a camping weekend and bring along with us. No getting up and getting breakfast ready for the kids, they could just grab their own jar! I have a few more flavors in the fridge waiting to be tried, but I knew that I had to start with the raspberry vanilla flavor because anything raspberry is a sure hit for me!! Delicious...


Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal
(recipe found on pinterest via theyummylife.com)

1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup skim milk
1/4 cup low fat greek yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon raspberry jam, preserves, or spread
1/4 to 1/3 cup raspberries, or enough to fill jar

In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, vanilla and raspberry jam. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add raspberries and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or as long as 2-3 days. Eat chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment