Monday, October 13, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Tea Bread



I made this recipe a few years ago when I had some blueberries on hand and to this day my grandma still talks about it. So, when I got some fresh blueberries I knew that I wanted to try this recipe again... It was so moist and delicious and just as yummy as I remembered it!! I made up two batches and shared one with a good friend of mine as a housewarming gift for her and her fiance. I hope she enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed mine! :) The middle caved a bit on both of my batches, but what it lacks in "prettiness" it made up for in taste!


Blueberry Lemon Tea Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9x5 loaf pan. In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and 1 cup sugar just until blended. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Reduce speed to low, add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until well blended. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, mixing just until blended. Pour into pan, add berries to top. Bake about 1 hour. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack and then remove from pan. With skewer, prick top and sides of warm cake in many places. In a small bowl, mix lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar and brush on tops and sides of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment