Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Crowd Pleasing Chicken



I made this one night when my brother in law and his family came over... No one could stop eating it! In fact his wife called me and asked me for the recipe a few days later and made it for their family less then a week later! I would say that is a success. It was easy to throw together and we were able to visit without me spending the majority of my time getting supper ready. Gotta love a recipe like that!


Crowd Pleasing Chicken
(Recipe found at crockadoodledo.blogspot.com via Pinterest)

8 ounces thick noodles
3 cups cooked chicken, diced
1/2 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
4 ounces canned mushrooms
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup or I used this recipe

Cook noodles per package instructions until almost done...a little firm. Mix with remaining ingredients. Make sure it is mixed thoroughly so the noodles do not stick together. Spray your crock pot, add mixture and spread around so it is even. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. DO NOT LIFT THE LID. You want it to bake and make a crusty brown outer edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment