Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Pasta Salad



We had a potluck for my sons' cub scout Raingutter Regatta and I decided that I wanted to try this new pasta salad that I found on pinterest. It was easy to through together and had a great taste to it. It definitely makes a lot so I am glad that I didn't double it like I have a tendency to do! This will be another great repeat when I have to bring a side dish along somewhere...


Summer Pasta Salad
(Recipe found at happygrandmaprojects.com via Pinterest)

5 cups cooked small shell pasta (approximately 3 cups dry)
3/4 cup diced raw carrots
1/4 cup diced onion
8 ounces (1 1/2 cup) diced ham
1 (8 ounces) package (1 1/2 cups) frozen peas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
16 ounce container light sour cream
1/2 cup french dressing
1/2 tablespoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
1 cup shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese

Stir together the cooked pasta, carrots, onion, ham and peas. Separately, blend the sour cream, french dressing, salt, pepper and seasoned salt. Stir into pasta. Fold in half the cheese. Pour into serving dish and top with remaining cheese. Cover tightly. Chill several hours before serving. Best made the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment