Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Puppy Chow



Puppy chow is one of my sister's favorite things to make when we have a party so I don't make it very often, but when I go to see my nephew it is one of his favorite treats that I bring with. It is easy to throw together and I found out from a friend that it is also super good when you throw it in the freezer. This means that it will also last a lot longer if it doesn't get eaten right away (which doesn't happen in this house). Definitely a family favorite!


Puppy Chow
(recipe found at allrecipes.com)

9 cups crispex cereal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated. Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment